Provide First Aid HLTAID003
Provide First Aid
Our Provide First Aid course is nationally accredited as HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Previously known as Senior First Aid or First Aid Level 2). Provide First Aid is one of the most essential workplace requirements across Brisbane and the rest of Australia.
Our Provide First Aid course is run over 8 hours and completed at our Brisbane Training Centre in the heart of Brisbane City. You can find the training centre easily from Brisbane Central Station and the Anzac Memorial Park.
Theory & Practical Components
Provide First Aid is made up of both theory and practical first aid elements including HLTAID001 - Provide CPR and HLTAID002 - Provide basic emergency life support. On the day, you'll expect to complete the following areas on first aid.
What to Expect on the Day
- In the morning, you'll start the day with preliminary paper work (i.e. enrolment documents)
- Shortly after this, you'll move into CPR training.
- Please note, it's a learning requirement that you complete CPR training on the ground. We ask that you dress comfortably.
- Our Provide First Aid course automatically includes CPR. You won't have to pay extra for this.
- A lunch break will be called around midday.
- Please note, it's the discretion of the trainer as to how long this break goes for and when it is called.
- Once you return from lunch the trainer will commence the bulk of first aid, including role play exercises, practical bandaging and emergency response techniques.
- Before the end of the day you'll complete a written exam in the form of multiple choice and short written answers. Your first aid trainer may also choose to verbally assess you.
This is a rough guide of how your day will be. Of course, it may change at anytime.
Provide First Aid courses in Australia last for three years from the date of certificate issuance; Provide CPR on the other hand only lasts for one year. You'll need to renew your certification if you need to remain current.
First Aid Course Fees
This course costs $80 to complete. There are no additional fees associated with this course.
Training is available at the Australian Trade College, North Brisbane; MRAEL Murarrie Training Centre, Murarrie and iTFE's Brisbane Training Centre.
You can book your course online by going to the top of this page. Alternatively, you can call or email our team to arrange a first aid course booking.
Tel: (07) 3221 9142 | Email us